I was not a fan of French cuisine, probably due to my misbegotten fear of nouvelle cuisine and rich foods, until Signatures. Signatures has changed my understanding of what French food is and educated me and I like what I have learned!!! I like the style of Signatures and the natural flavours, although some chili would not go astray!!!.
On this night Don purchased a couple of bottles of 2011 La Sirena Pirate Treasured. Whilst it has a gimmick type of label, it is not a gimmicky wine, nicely crafted complicated blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc, Grenache and Petite Sirah, a new combination for me. The wine had dark berry and oaky aromas and was nicely balanced.
The wine was very good, so we needed a couple of extra bottles to finish dinner. It was a great meal the food on board this cruise continues to be excellent. I had the Cured Salmon, Bisque and the Margret Duck, all great. The lamb and the ravioli looked very good as well, will have to give them a go another time.
- Salad of Lobster and Mango with Star Anise
- Cassolette of Snails “Signatures Style”
- Lump Crabmeat and Asparagus Charlotte with Fresh Herb Oil
- Fennel Cured Salmon with Creamed Cucumber Sauce
- Foie Gras Terrine with Prune Marmalade
- Blue Cheese, Mushroom and Spinach Quiche with Baby Greens
- Crustacean Bisque with Avocado-Crabmeat-Tomato Garnish
- Beef Consommé with Julienne of Black Truffle and Herb Crepes
- Creamy Mushroom Soup with Candied Garlic
- Pina Colada Sorbert
- Fillet of Halibut with Pistachio Sauce, Baby Spinach and Herb-Marinated Tomatoes and Black Olive Tapenade
- Open-Faced Ravioli of Lobster and Scallops with Mushrooms and Vegetables Lobster Cream Sauce
- Margret Duck Breast with Raspberry Vinegar Sauce, Apple Tart and Vegetables
- Tenderloin of Veal with Red Wine Braised Shallots, Gnocchi and Seasonal Vegetables
- Beef Tournedos Rossini with Sautéed Duck Liver, Glazed Vegetables and Truffle Sauce
- Roast Rack of Lamb, Mushrooms Garnish, Melted Potato, Lamb Juice
- Provencal Vegetable Gateau with Goat Cheese
- Port Wine Poached Fig with Farmer’s Cheese Mille-Feuille Vanilla Sabayon and Roasted Walnuts
- Warmed Chocolate Tart with Raspberries
- Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee with strawberries marinated in balsamic vinegar